The first banknotes were issued in China during the reign of Emperor Hien Tsung (AD806-82) and now China is at the forefront of digitising notes and coins into a retail CBDC.
Will China’s story of going ‘cashless’ foretell the West’s digital future?
More about Cashless:
- Cashless is the first and only book that dives deep into the design and use of China’s new central bank digital currency. This represents a roadmap for our shared digital currency future and a long-term threat to US dollar dominance.
- China is changing the very nature of money and borrowing heavily from cryptocurrency to cement its role as the world’s financial technology leader.
- Cashless is written by the best-selling author of Innovation Lab Excellence, an award-winning expert in fintech innovation, career banker, and technology expert who has experienced China’s cashless revolution firsthand as a former US resident living in China. It reveals how:
- China’s digital currency can help you better predict and navigate the cashless future coming to the US—and the world
- Your company may be tempted to use China’s digital currency to make cross-border payments
- The EU, UK, Japan, and India are developing digital currencies
- Digital payment will change our relationship with money and promote financial inclusion
- Cashless shows you the future. It offers a comprehensive analysis of China’s digital payment systems so that you can better prepare for the rise of digital currencies.
- It is a must-read for all business leaders and professionals looking for a decided competitive advantage.