Getting to grips with the UK’s retail payments landscape can seem a complex and daunting task.
The Payments:Unpacked newsletter from Mike Chambers at Northey Point explores a wide range of the UK’s payment news including: Open Banking, Request to Pay, Direct Debit, Confirmation of Payee, Bacs, CHAPS, Faster Payments, LINK, cash, cards and cheques and unpacks the eco-system that supports the operation of these systemically important payment systems.
The newsletter is an independent and informed insight into the UK’s payments landscape – exclusive payment insights, hot topic briefings and fundamentals unpacked.
Join the rapidly growing number of subscribers and navigate the UK’s payments landscape with former Bacs CEO Mike Chambers.
Here’s a few of this weeks in brief links:
- OBIE launches Variable Recurring Payments and Sweepingconsultation phase II. The online consultation survey closes on the Friday 12th February.
- NAB is set to acquire neobank 86 400 and combine it with its own digital-only proposition UBank.
- Your (nearly) bank needs you, please! GBB are looking for three honest people who want to make the world a better place by improving homes and businesses, because you care.
- TrueLayer launches payments-as-a-service product.
- JPMorgan to join British online banking chase within months.
- Pay with your face? Pleased to be interviewed on BBC Berkshire this week on why your face could be set to replace your bank card.
- Visa prepares for crypto future.
- Fidelity are in talks to take £100 million stake in Starling.
- Which? ramps up campaign to protect cash network.
- UK cash machine withdrawals drop by over a third in 2020 – follow Northey Point’s weekly ATM tracker.
- Mastercard hikes interchange fees for UK online purchases from the EU.