Not one of the big five banks has troubled the top of the Which? Money 2020 table for current account satisfaction, which sees digital-only challenger Starling Bank take the crown.
Source: Which? Money
In the Which? survey you’ll find:
- the 24 best / worst current account providers (based on the survey results)
- that 4/6 of the highest scorers do not have a “high street” presence.
- Starling Bank rank first due to clear honest communications, ease of account opening, use of their mobile app and excellent customer service.
- Monzo rank second but seem to have missed out on becoming a recommended provider due to not participating in the voluntary Contingent Reimbursement Model scheme.
- First Direct rank 3rd
- Metro Bank rank 4th
- M&S Bank rank 5th
- Bottom of the list are Tesco (who were in the top 6 on 2018) and Citibank.
- Which? Money rank Starling Bank, First Direct and M&S Bank as their three recommended current account providers.
Read more about the Which? Money survey: