Weekly ATM value and volume figures 26 October 2020.
Key observations for week ending 25 October:
- Lowest weekly ATM use and amount of cash withdrawn for the last eleven weeks.
- ATM volumes have reduced last week by a further 1%, a 37% reduction compared to 2019.
- Cash withdrawn from ATM’s last week has reduced by a further 2%, a reduction of 30% compared to 2019.
- Month end dates (2019 vs 2020) may have impacted this weeks figures slightly.
- Lockdowns are beginning to take effect across the UK suppressing consumer spending.
- Uncertainty about economy, jobs and Coronavirus crisis are probably affecting consumers confidence and discretionary spending.
- Digital payment habits formed during COVID continue to remain sticky.
- Will increased COVID restrictions across the UK lead to further reductions in ATM use?
Volume and value (2020 vs 2019)
Weekly ATM transaction tracker
LINK have plotted the weekly value of cash withdrawals plotted against various lockdown milestones:
Rolling volume change (compared to 2019):
- w/e 11 October 2020: -34% (baseline)
- w/e 18 October 2020: -36% (2% reduction)
- w/e 25 October 2020: –37% (3% reduction)
Rolling value change (compared to 2019):
- w/e 11 October 2020: -26% (baseline)
- w/e 18 October 2020: -28% (2% reduction)
- w/e 25 October 2020: -30% (4% reduction)