Weekly ATM value and volume figures 19 October 2020.
Key observations for week ending 18 October:
- Lowest weekly ATM use and amount of cash withdrawn for the last ten weeks.
- ATM volumes have reduced last week by a further 2%, a 36% reduction compared to 2019.
- Cash withdrawn from ATM’s last week has reduced by a further 2%, a reduction of 28% compared to 2019.
- Weekly ATM use is not following the peak and troughs experienced in previous years.
- Digital payment habits formed during COVID continue to remain sticky.
- Will increased COVID restrictions across the UK lead to further reductions in ATM use?
Volume and value
Weekly ATM transaction tracker
Rolling volume change (compared to 2019):
- w/e 11 October 2020: -34% (baseline)
- w/e 18 October 2020: -36% (2% reduction)
Rolling value change (compared to 2019):
- w/e 11 October 2020: -26% (baseline)
- w/e 18 October 2020: -28% (2% reduction)