In brief items from this weeks Payments, Payments, Payments newsletter:
- On the last day of September and LINK reported an ATM peak of 6,349 transactions in one minute but what’s happening to ATM withdrawals following the digital payment habits we formed during COVID?
- Second premium account from Monzo?
- You had to read Starling Bank’s #reachingout Tweet very carefully – a few people were caught out, were you? Find out what Starling were really announcing!
- Why would anyone try this strange credit card hack?
- After investing £100’s of millions in a UK cheque imaging service and with cheque volumes reducing by 16% in the last 12 months maybe South Africa is one to watch? More: South African banks prepare to phase out paper cheques.
- NatWest is to run an eight-week pilot of an app which calculates customer carbon emissions as they spend.
- European rules on Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) could block more than one-third of online purchases and cost merchants more than $100 billion in lost sales.
- Apple Express Mode launched by First Bus.
- Swift is to move into the low-value remittance market, providing member banks with the means to make instanteous transactions across borders for small and medium-sized companies and consumers.
- TikTok star Charli D’Amelio helps launch Step, a teenager-focused US mobile banking startup backed by Stripe.
Read, subscribe and share
This blog is from the latest edition of my newsletter “Payments, Payments, Payments”, read, subscribe and share at: