Trek up from Carlisle to Aberdeen and onto the North Link ferry – our car was ‘upgraded’ from the freight ferry to join us on the passenger ferry.
Rough seas expected on the overnight sailing to Lerwick.
It was a cashless dream today:
– limitless ApplePay at Shell for fuel and a Snickers – well done to Shell for not limiting ApplePay transaction values.
– ApplePay breakfast at service station just short of Glasgow.
– Contactless payment for fuel at Esso, Bridge of Don (Aberdeen) with a cashless donation option for Scottish Air Ambulance.
– All shops, bars and restaurants on North Link ferries take contactless.
– Cashless lunch at Table Table, Bridge of Don with a cashless tip option and a donation to Great Ormandy Street utilising the excellent Pennies donation facility.
We land in Lerwick in the morning to see what cashless looks like on the islands.
So far: Cashless 2 / Cash 0